Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Mythology, Oct 20, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mythology

Mythology Plankton

Well, Now that I have some of the other stuff situated... I need some help on what i can do for a light source. The tank i have is just open on the top w/ no cover or light. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a specfic brand of lighting that I could somehow mount over the tank. I don't want it to be too expensive, but i don't want to get something that will do nothing for the tank. I'm not looking for top of the line, trade in my car so my fish can see type of stuff. Thanks!

-Dustin

P.S. The measurments on the top are: L: 36 1/8 inches; W:12 3/4 inches; H:16 1/8 inches. I'm not sure if that would have any special weight in deciding what to get, but i thought i would just throw that in there.

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

there are 3 kinds of lighting you could go with pc, vho, and mh. the pc being the cheaper and the price goes up with vho, mh. with mh you can keep the most choices of corals where pc you can keep alot of them but not all. if your looking to save money you can go with pc this is what i have on a 75 mushrooms, polyps, and leathers do good with this choice. vho and mh you can keep corals that depend on light as a food source. ours is a ge ballast with 10000 k daylight bulbs. im not that good with the electrical stuff maby matt can help u a little more with that area.