Any OTHER hobby

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lillys Grandad, Sep 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

pharm, next time I'm at my parents house I'll get a shot of my dad's train room. He has a set that were his dad's and they are heavy suckers! My parents owned a toy and hobby store back int he 80's so he got all kinds of goodies for his trains and a whole lot of trains too all sizes. pretty cool.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Yeppers! They get 6 feet long!!! Did you build your own habitat? Please tell me that thing is somewhat tame???

Is he laying upside down under his light??? That's adorable!!! How old is he?

Gin

4. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

my brother thought it was funnier than hell :angry:

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

nothing really, zoos don't take them, petshops wont either. appearently its quite common that people buy them and then they get that big.

in the summer it used to have a cage for outside but it got to big to turn around in that, we cant really take it out of the cage anymore because hes bigger enough that he can reach past the gloves we used to use to hold him(claws are pretty nasty). in mating season he gets real mean, before that outside bars were there he would jump on my dads leg when he was in the shower(he lives in a bathroom in my house). my mom was quite pissed at this he had to completely redo one the other bathrooms just for her, to keep the peace lol

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

If it wasn't already gone, I'd give it to ya. I had so many antique clocks around that once I built it, I had to get rid of it. No room. My dad came over right after I put it together and ended up leaving with it. I found a really sweet pendulum for it about three months ago. I never liked the one in it now. It looks cheezy. Took, me a year and a half to find the pendulum on eBay that I wanted. Crazy. They are not very common in the style I was looking for.

7. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

dinner!! mmmmm tastey ;) lol j/k ;D

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

not as tame as wed like but hes calmed down alot as he has aged, its atleast 8 or 9 i think. now he will close his eyes and let you pet him.

and yes we built that for him.

10. ssgheislerswife

Yeah, I worry that ours will be a monster one day. Right now my five year old walks around with ours (Elliot) on his shoulder. We spent about 45 minutes outside with her today and she jumped off of his shoulder and ran to the front door. Guess she was ready to come in. When she's big enough we'll leash her but right now she's still too small, she wiggles out of it.

I've read that you can wear all green clothes and a green hat and bob your head at them during mating season and they'll chill out some.

Gin

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Oh yeah.....do that. I would looooove to look at it. I really need to finish the diorama on mine. I started it and then got burnt out. I had been working and rebuilding that thing for probably nine months. A little here and a little there. Then I got into SW.

12. ssgheislerswife

I may need to pick your brain! We intend to turn the closet in the boys room into a 1/2 closet-1/2 habitat (it's a LARGE closet).

Gin