Any hope left for these?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by cuttingras, Sep 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Hey gras looking good and one question. what level do you have them in your tank? Did you like that wisconsin cheese that much? LOL

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

LOL yeah that cheese is the chit! We're having fun clogging up my 81 yr old father in law;D LOL but seriously it was really good! I've got to go tear down the kitchen I just set up. Normally they're up for at least a month, not 5 days LOL

I've got the frowspawn at mid and the hammer on the sand. Thinking about moving the hammer up about an inch and the frogspawn down about an inch. The frogspawn closes during the day, when all the lights are on and I think it's too much for it, but the hammer, I'm thinking might like a little more light, kinda a kick start:)

4. scenario1313

;D;D;D Well you have a safe trip. when you get back they'll look like weeds.

5. cuttingras

I will, and that's what I'm hoping for! :) The mother in law is going to stay here while I'm gone. My f-i-l is a real a$$. Mean old man. She likes the tank, so I know she'll take care of them. She already does top offs and feeds them, next thing I'm teaching her is about Ca and Mg and pH LOL we just got a cell phone and I had to write down everything! We had cell phone 101 here a few days ago. She'll get it and if anything happens she can call me on her cell!;D I'll be back on Wed. short trip....

6. scenario1313

Is the SeaGel from Seachem the same thing. If so I am using that in my canister.

7. cuttingras

update as of today(wed) at about 8pm

these are good
    [​IMG]

these are comin out, what do ya think? I'm thinking by the time the bottoms grow the tops will have mucked up my water or died all together.....
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. scenario1313

Dump them. I don't want you to risk your tank for a little hammer that is probably not going to make it. And welcome back. Did you have a good trip? Spawn is looking good.

10. cuttingras

hey Brandon....ok will do....yeah had a pretty good trip. Job went smooth, temps(labor) were actually good this time. Wish I could take them with me on the road, they really did good. Weather was perfect....sorry Nano, I had to bring that warm air with me one more time....you can have fall now;D

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Do you have a spare 10g you can turn into a frag tank and just run a small HOB filter? You could just do small weekly water changes and play the waiting game.

12. cuttingras

pharm...I still have my 55 and was going to do a complete water change on it tomorrow. I'm not going to fill it all the way though. no need to. run the old emperor and turn on the T6's and see how it goes. shhhh don't tell Scenario, I wanna surprise him when I get that one looking good too!