Any hope left for these?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by cuttingras, Sep 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

what are you tank spec....water params, lighting, flow, age of tank, the whole kaboodle ;D

2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

75 gallon set up for 4-5 months I lost track. Cal 500, Alk 13, Mag 1500, 2 koralia 3's plus Fluval Canister with rating of 260 gph. 4 x 65 PC which will be upgraded soon. Now have egg crate over the tank instead of glass Oh nitrate, ammonia nitrite and phosphate all at 0 and PH of 8.4. Temp of 78 - 80 steady. Any thing else you need?

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

you go boy LOL ok here's the other pics and {Nano} Scenario's got pods out the ying yang!

water is nice and clear. possibility here I just thought of??? over filtering? not enough food for them? he's got an emperor on the back and a fluval canister, plus a seaclone which is pulling gunk out.

[​IMG]
    I really don't think this is going to make it, most of the little green polyps are gone from it, but I've got an idea...no don't say uh oh lol... see the red circles? are those new heads trying to come out? I'm thinking kinda like a tree, if you cut off the dead parts that are sucking the life out of it, will it not sprout new branches? just an idea and at this point probably couldn't hurt....

[​IMG]
    recedes during the day polyps grow back out at night.

gonna try to feed a little coral frenzy tonight to see if they're hungry

5. scenario1313

The doctor is in. And yes I do have the pods out the ying yang. My new green spot is loving it. I posted pics of the new babies under tropical fish. So do you think I might be over filtering. And you ought to see the gunk coming out of the skimmer now. My seaclone is doing an ok job for now but I will get a better one. And that's weird that the frog opens at night and closes during the day. He is basackwards. LOL I wonder what those spots are that you circled on the hammer and I hate that its not looking good. Maybe it is new heads or it might be bad. We'll see. Thanks again gras.

6. scenario1313

Anyone have thoughts on this. Could I possibly be over filtering my water. My GSP has not really opened up full yet either but does not look sick.

7. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

I have a question, did you get both corals from the same place? Make that 2 questions, how long have you had them?

8. Click Here!

9. scenario1313

I did get them at the same place Purple mushroom GSP hammer and frogspawn. Couple weeks

10. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

I'm guessing that someone at the LFS touched the tissue and it got infected. It's common, unfortunately.

Gin

11. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

i just want to know what kind of light do you use, generally frogspawn are real easy kepeper, they like flow and light.

12. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse