Any hope left for these?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by cuttingras, Sep 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

Thomas Edison tried 200 times to make the incadesent light bulb, when asked he said he had not failed, but learned 200 ways not to make a lightbulb.

You just gotta keep trying Scenario.

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Thanks Scenario! just tryin to help ya dude! 116 miles out of the way LOL...with a migraine to boot....:lol: all better now! You've got a very nice family goin there kiddo! Very nice home too...you keep up the good work and don't let 2 corals get you down!

the 116 miles will get billed to the customer whose job I just got back from :hehe: hope he doesn't go on here :lol:

4. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

The first coral I bought died, it was a frogspawn. Then I bought a tiny torch and it's tripled in size and is thriving, all the rest of my corals are as well.

The frogspawns and the hammers are touchy about having water in their polyps when they're removed from the tank. They have to be fully retracted or their polyps will be to heavy in the air and they can tear and become infected. Also you can't touch their tissue or the oils on your skin will cause an infection. Its easy to touch them without realizing it too.

Then some corals (gsp, kenya, mushrooms) can't be killed with a blow torch (kidding).

1 person likes this.
  5. SmittyCoco

SmittyCoco Fire Shrimp

Those bad boys will make it , I have faith gras. Just do the lugols keep them in a medium to low flow and mid to low in the tank. They definetly need some tlc!;)

6. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

aaawwww! sorry to hear this, they sure aren't looking too good, what happen?, anyhow
    Smitty had a very good solution there, good luck and I really wish they get better

1 person likes this.
  7. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Thank you all for the kind word of encouragement and I will not give up. I am to addicted. And once again a very big thanks to gras weather they make it or not I will hook you up one way or another.

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

np Scenario here's an update of the frogspawn then hammer is still in the camera, the battery died lol
    I took these last night.

looking good

[​IMG]

10. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

sweet! nice recovery, lookin good gras, lookin good :)

11. cuttingras

like I said I took these last night, but this morning the frogspawn is showing it's skeleton a little, those pics are on the camera now. I'll post when it gets done charging. Hope Scenario likes them!;D

1 person likes this.
  12. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I am very glad to some improvement and you are the man. oh I mean the woman.LOL can't wait to see the other pics. Now I have to start trying to find the root of the problem in my tank.