Any gun knowledgable people on here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Jim522, Jan 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I've heard of a few states having open carry laws; but never heard of a state allowing open carry while denying the carrier the right have the weapon in a usable state. Now I agree with the "better than nothing" assessment above--but really!! Carrying a firearm openly--understanding full well that all who see it KNOW it's not loaded. . . well.. .I don't know what to say.

2. Click Here!

3. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

No chit sparky...thats Cali for ya !! the land of fruits and nuts...no offense anyone....but its fairly insane....I carry because I work on the road and I choose to NOT be a victim..so absolutely.. Gun is loaded....but generally closely stashed away while driving and on my night stand while in the hotel.
    No officer has ever had any reason to stop me let alone search my vehicle...so I really don't give it much thought....I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6...:p
    Peace
    LG

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

our CHL laws aside, we had laws about "traveling" with a loaded hand gun.

It was weird, you had to be traveling which = leaving one county, crossing another, and entering a third county.

our counties are HUGE and there isn't really a way to confirm or deny if you have been "traveling" by this definition. And the onus was on the "suspect" to prove traveling (which is a$$ backwards if you ask me).

it recently got changed so that if you are in your car, you are traveling. period. essentially.

this doesn't overrule laws that say, for example, felons can't have a hand gun... traveling or not. but for "normal" everyday people, traveling is automatically assumed now.

this is really great bc now while I have a CHL, my wife does not. However, if she hopped in the car and ran to the store and I left it in the glove box for example, she is no longer technically breaking the law.

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

".45 ACP, because shooting twice is silly."

Just thought I'd throw that in there. :)

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I carried a 45 for a while, got sick of the weight, carry a walther pps .40 now still plenty of stopping power and a really great firearm

7. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

The hubby and I aren't in to collecting yet. At 25 and gov't contractors we can't be, LMAO!! Both working on CCW.

He has a mosin nagant and I'm picking up a Smith&Wesson M&P Compact 9mm.

We enjoy going to the range and such though :)

8. Click Here!

9. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I think that's pretty special when a husband and wife go to the range together.

10. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

wish my wife would she's scared to death of guns which really frustrates me

11. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Stamps dont kill people jonjon , people kill people

sorry, just thought any stamp collectors might want me to defend their right to do so

Steve lol?

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Hey I know some one allergic to the common "gum" used on everyday stamps so stamps can kill :) Not my dog though, she's eaten her share of $$$ stamp rolls!!!

1 person likes this.