Any Apex setup/VDM tips?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Biocube, Mar 31, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

You can definitely go overkill in this hobby. Which is exactly what you are doing. Lol Carbon reactor, fuge, skimmer, aqua controller with dosing pumps, beast LEDs, ect. Thats way more than what the biocube is from the factory. But everything you are doing with it is working! And working well at that. The only thing I would have to say about your equipment addiction would be that the more equipment you have running make for more things to go wrong. I have seen multiple builds where the reefer goes crazy with equipment, but then some of that equipment fails and brings the tank down with it. Im not at all saying thats what is, or will happen to your tank, but the thought still scares me. And, I just like busting your chops buddy. :p ::) I cant wait to see this bad boy packed with corals.

2. Click Here!

3. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Aww thanks man!

I'll make sure to let people know I'm stocked by Norg. ;)

Luckily nothing had failed yet.. Knock on wood.

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

If you maintain your equipment and keep an eye on everything there is no reason why you shouldnt be good. Just gotta make sure your pumps are cleans, no lines can clog, ATO is in working condition and failsafed, ect. Its always right when you think your tank is just fine then it goes to hell in a handbasket. lol

5. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

You just put bad juju on my tank now. ;)

Alright before this gets hijacked I'll post updates later on in the week about the Apex and rapids lights.

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Alright guys!!! My Apex is up and running!!!!!!

I almost have everything working "including" my LEDs using ethernet cable. I haven't figured out how to Ramp my lights or even run them at only 50% power. So right now I am not running them. Also I can't figure out how to setup my return pump and skimmer to function during feed mode. Every time I attempt it turns my return and skimmer on and off every 5 min.

7. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Alright guys, I need your help!

So I got my Apex unit to ramp up my lights but I can't get them to ramp down... How can I make it ramp down my Meanwell Drivers?

Here is my programming:

Fallback OFF
    Set PF1
    If Time 10:00 to 21:00 Then PF1
    If Temp > 82.0 Then OFF
    Min Time 001:00 Then OFF

UPDATE!!! I think I got it figured out, ill keep you all posted.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012