Antagonist New 90G

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Antagonist, Sep 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

ok sorry for this but no pics my camera stinks lol

What i have done so far is get this thing setup and started to cylce and now i am moving!

If i move now at the middle of the cyclei believe this will just extend the period it last for. On another not what i am wondering is what kind of protein skimmer you guys suggest i want to have hard and soft corals as well as fish. I was looking at the new berlin X2 turbo but realized its only good upto 75 gallons if im doing hard corals all suggestion will be appreciated

as for the moving any suggestions on how to do this i want to save as much of the water as possible

2. Click Here!

3. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Rubber maid garbage cans, and 5 gallon buckets (lots of them). Depending on how far you are moving its easy, I just helped a friend move he 120 from his apartment to his new home.

We used 8 or 9 -5 gallon buckets and 3 - 45 gallon garbage cans. We made 3 trips with the buckets to fill up the garbage cans then finished draining the tank and loaded the buckets with the rock and sand to keep it wet. Worked out really good he only had to add about 20 gallons of water.

4. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

True your Cycle will be disrupted, but no harm.
    The water, rock, and sand is easy, HD paint buckets with lids. Of course if the rock is live you will want to keep it warm. How long is the move ?

For what you are looking to add you should be looking at a skimmer rated for 110 +, 75 most likley will not be enough.

What is the setup ? Sump or hang on back equipment ? This will make a diffeence in selections.

\Good luck

5. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

sump and refugium are seperate

6. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

My bad, I didnt see the first post. This was page two so it looked like the first post at quick glance.

I was going to go seperate but wasnt experienced enough to connect. I have seen two ways,
    1.) Drill and connect the two tanks via bulkheads and pvc
    2.) Use a pump with tubing to pull from the fuge

I ended up going with just one tank and used dividers.

Good luck

7. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

i have the refuge sitting in the sump ill try to get some pic ill go buy a new camera its easyer that way

8. Click Here!

9. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

ok move went smooth. everything is here and set back up. now its been 2 days since the move and the brown dusting is now gone. oh i didnt lose any water by the way i managed to get unused chlorine buckets from my supplier. my other question is everything is stable no phosphates, nitrites, or nitrates. and im now having a hard time keeping the calcium up to where it needs to be everymorning it drops down to around 300 ppm. what is doing this and is it normal?

Post script

Luna pics are comin i bought a new camera just need to get some battries lol

1 person likes this.
  10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

WRT the Ca, we need to know the dKH, the pH and the Mg levels as well.

And K+ for a successful move. It is not an easy thing.

11. Antagonist

Antagonist Bristle Worm

Dkh is 22.4 , ph 8.4, Mg 290 ppm

Not easy is an understatement. but Props to lfs (Big Als Aquarium Services) for the insulated boxes.

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Waiting......................;D