Another Turboflotor tip

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 3, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Here turboflotor guys what does the needle wheel look like in the Ocean runner pump?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

A round bristle brush with maybe 20-30 needles on it. A bit wider than a EDIT- half-dollar and maybe a half inch deep going from memory.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  4. wrang

wrang Plankton

Here som pictures of my needelwheel.
    [​IMG]
    Its a AM Oceanrunner 2500

Attached Files:

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for that Wrang. I knew I was off on my guestimate.

By the way, reading this thread again, my earlier problem was cleared up by cleaning the salt creep out of the air intake on pump occasionally. No problems since. Great skimmer.

6. wrang

wrang Plankton

We talk about this skimmer in a swedish forum and says some problem that came up is. Difficult to get a dry **** out ot the simmer just a light brown mess like te water how about yours ?
    And it difficult to get the water in the skimmer stabel. I have the output nearly cloosed and get the water in the skimmer up to the black ring first at the cup.
    Some clue how i can get a brown dry foam?

Best regards

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Moving the pump from the bottom of the sump to right below the waterline per instructions was a big help - if you have an auto top off for water evaporation you can get just an inch or two below the surface. My skimmate is dark now.

8. Click Here!

9. boostenmkiv

boostenmkiv Flamingo Tongue

Matt, I would have to agree, I just pulled my skimmer out and started taking everything apart because my collection cup kept filling up in half a day full of pretty clear looking water and no skimmate. I haven't put my skimmer back on yet though to make sure its fine now but my air intake port on the pump was definately quite clogged with salt creep (that stuff SUCKS). However, when I took my pump apart to clean it out as much as possible I accidentaly broke the ceramic shaft that the impeller spins on :( :( I've been calling every fish store within driving distance and none carry parts for the pump...one store has a ocean runner 2700 in stock for.....$100! I may just break down and get that so I can get my skimmer back on asap (cyano problem already as it is..need my skimmer working asap).