Another noob cycle question !!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by jborlace, Jan 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

I used distilled water to fill my tank. I think that distilled water has a ph of 7. It has come up some on its own. I wasn't using the lights because I'm still in my cycle. I do have a skimmer going but since there isn't much going on in the tank it's not skimming much yet.

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Ok, in that case I would not worry about pH until you are at least running a normal light cycle.

4. jborlace

Well after going to a LFS in Waco this past weekend the guy there talked me into getting me first fish. He checked my water and said I was good to go. I wanted a clownfish but at 24.99 and not knowing for sure if my tank was completely cycled I decided to go with a blue damsel. After three days he is still alive and eating well and swimming around good. All my checks are still at 0 also. How long should I wait to add anything else and what can I add with the damsel. I know those things can be little devils.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

If you want a pair of clowns you will probably have to add them before the damsel gets too established. In a 55 gallon you should be able to add two fish in a weeks time without issue.

Just do not over feed.

What fish types do you want?

6. jborlace

I do want a couple of clowns. Just didn't know about them with the damsel. I like the coral beauty angels but not to sure about having one in a 55.

7. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

I think you'd be ok with having a coral beauty in a 55 along with a pair of clowns and probably a couple other fish as well just nothing that would get too big

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

+1 although I would add the clowns last, dwarf angel (whichever you chose) second to last.