Another new tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Poppy828, Aug 3, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

For soem reason your server rejected the zip file...so I sent the pics in 2 or 3 at a time batches.

2. Click Here!

3. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

I'm behind a corporate firewall and they are very picky about zip files :) Sorry I should have told you that.

I did receive the other pics though :)

Now, have you checked your Salinity and how long have you had the corals. Also do you have any anemones or sea cucumbers, sea apples etc

John

4. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Salinity is 1.025....no other corals except for the mushrooms and what you see in the pics. Here are the rest of the levels as well:

CA-450
    Alk-3
    PH 8.4
    Ammonia-0
    Nitrite-0
    Nitrate-0

5. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

How long in the tank Todd?

Here are some of the pics too :)

Attached Files:

6. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I put the Toadstool...I beleive that is correct in on Thirsday P.m. as well as the xenias, the zooanth???? (sp) and the 2 green mushrooms on the bottom middle of tank. Do they take time to acclimate to my tank...they all looked very good in the LFS I got them at.

7. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

and another

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=Poppy828 link=board=Newbie;num=1091594299;start=75#84 date=08/22/04 at 19:57:22]I put the Toadstool...I beleive that is correct in on Thirsday P.m. as well as the xenias, the zooanth???? (sp) and the 2 green mushrooms on the bottom middle of tank. Do they take time to acclimate to my tank...they all looked very good in the LFS I got them at.[/quote]

Yep, I think that's exactly what I think you are seeing. What I have been told it can take up to 2 weeks to acclimatise.

John

10. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I sure hope that is all it is...I was very dissapointed to see them this way tonight. My wife and I went away for 2 days and had someone watch them for us to make sure they were fine....water was topped off each day with RO/DI water and the fish were fed as well...Was a bit scared tonight when I saw this...the toadstoll flopped over in front of my eyes...not a pretty sight for a newbie. I guess we will see how they look in a day or 2...I sure hope it is better than they look now. Thanks for your help John and the posting of the pics. I appreciate it.

Todd

11. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

It's my pleasure Todd :)

I'm sure others will come along soon to offer their opinions too, so keep an eye out.

A far the pics were concerned I just opened them with Microsoft Phot Editor that comes with windows and resized them to 640 x 480 pixels. That reduced the size enough to post the pics using the normal method

John

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Well thank you again John. I was going to play with the pics later to see what I could do. I was more concerned with getting the thread published to get feedback from others and then try and resize the pics. Thank you though for your help. Very appreciated.

T