Another new tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Poppy828, Aug 3, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Poppy, I would do a search for Clean up crew. There has been many threads on what people like. That way you will get a variety to read and not just me.
    Many on-line fish and coral stores will have "Clean up" crew packages. I would surf around and see what you find. Then cut what they are trying to sell you by 2/3 and start with that.
    Also many places put Starfish, urchin's and nudis in their clean up crews, I would skip them for now

J

2. Click Here!

3. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Thank you Jason. I will look into it and go from there.

T

4. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I have some bad news I beleive. I have some pulsating zeenias (sp) that appear to be dying or are dead. I have attached pics...hard to really see in the pics...they are wrinkled at the base and bent over....and also no longer pulsing. I also have some type of leather coral...not sure of the name sorry....one stalk has bent over completely with some bright green colors on it...the other appears to be fine. ..if anyone can help me bring these back or suggest anything please feel free. I have tested all levels and they are fine. Please advise. Thank you. I guess my pics are too large ro post..I took them in high resolution to show the detail of what I see.

Todd

5. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Todd,

Pictures would be a huge help, use the link below, they will host the picture and give you a URL that you can post here.

http://www.imageshack.us/index.php

What's the water temp?

John

6. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Temp is 80.1 currently...That's the hiughest it goes...drops to 79.7 at night. I will try the link to post the pics. Thanks.

7. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

pics are too large for that as well....they are all 1+mb due to the resolution...if I go lower on the res. you will not see what I am seeing...I can email anyone who wants to view these and help out. Thank you.

Todd

8. Click Here!

9. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Todd,

I probaly don't have the knowledge of others but would like to help if I can.

Send an email to [email protected]

John

10. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Todd,

I believe there could be some people in the chat room too, have you tried there?

John

11. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I have not tried that no. I am sending you the pics now in zip format...hopefully that is ok.

T

12. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Should be fine :)

John