Another new tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Poppy828, Aug 3, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I never had much luck with veggies..
    I know Craig feeds a mix of stuff maybe he can share it again. Pretty sure if you search you can find a bunch.

I always had success with Frozen foods that were a mulch of seafood goodies, like Formula II for algae eaters. I would thaw and cut into bits (don't throw the whole cube at once. ;) )

Brine isn't very nutrious on it's own. People often soak it with liquid vitamins first.

2. Click Here!

3. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I will look into a better nutritious diet for the fishies as my wife calls them...She has named each one...anyway, Thank you Matt, I appreciate it. Do you order all your supplies online or use a local LFS?

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Both. I'm pretty good at spreading my money around. ;D

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Just hit the plus button to the right of the Karma line in the person's post.

I feed fortified frozen mysis from my LFS. It is BIO-Pure brand. It has vitamin B12, C, beta carotine, thiamine, and ribflavin along with a good source of crude protein, fat, and fiber.

Every couple of days I add Zoe vitamins and Cyclopeeze to the mysis as an extra fortified treat. Fish and corals very happy!

6. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I will look into that food source Craig. Thank you. Most local LFS will have these items I assume??

Thank you also for the Karma heads up...You will receive some as well for all your help. :)

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Anytime guys n' gals. Ain't that what were here for to help and learn from each other?

10. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Update for everyone...

As of today with closely monitoring the tank by my wife and I at different times of the day, the Xenias have finally started to extend somewhat, not really pulsing much, but have extended. They do retreat every now and then but come back out.

Toadstools will straighten up on their own, and 1 will sprout (what I am calling it) it's tiny barbs. The other is very shy if you will...it will sprout at lunch when my wife is home around 11:30-12. Whenever I am in the room it does not. I know I am no model, but I did not think I was that ugly...LOL

Anyway, all levels have remained the same...no spikes in anything, have even taken a sample into my LFS guy to have him double check...everything is perfect.

I have added the following in the last 2 days...Won Brothers Pro Heat titanium 350w heater in the sump...much better than the Visi-therm I had...it has maintained the temp at 79.6 for 2 days straight. So the heat issue is finally resolved. I also added a UV sterilizer this evening just to be safe. I do not want any chances of anything getting in the tank and out of control. Any feedback on a UV???

Thanks again to all who have helped and guided me. I have learned a lot from you all and have a ton more to learn.

Thank you.

Todd

11. Craig Manoukian

Great news Todd. Congrats on you and your wife being such a vigilent and cohesive team!

UV is a safety net. I don't employ one as they are non-discriminatory, they kill the good and bad bugs.

12. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Thanks Craig. We do make a good team. She wants to succeed at this as much as I do so we both have a part in making it all come together.

Xenia's are looking better today. They are extended more than they were yesterday and some are pulsing again. Toadstools are still being Moody. They stood straight up today, but shrunk again when I fed the fish. I will give them another week and then look at maybe relocating them to another part of the tank. Maybe they do not like where they are. Any advice on that?

I also received my RO/DI filter from Walter today. I unfortunately do not have room for this as I was under the assumption it was smaller than it was. Shame on me for not researching better. Do any of you know if Walter excepts returns on these items? Obviously unused. I wish I had the room for it I just do not.

Thanks,

Todd