another ID PLEASE

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by BluePhish, Nov 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

hmm will they spread to other places or will they stay growing in the same colony?
    im only about 2.5 months from the start of my tank, do they require good stable water conditions? or are they brought out by bad conditions and over feeding? just trying to see how my water is coming along.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Once the coral runs out of room on the rock that it's growing, it will drop polyps and wherever those polyps land, you will have a new colony. These corals are primarily photosynthetic so overfeeding, etc., will neither stall nor encourage its growth. I broke down at 90 ballon tank because anthelia, anemone majano and bryopsis overtook my tank so it was only a matter of time before those "pests' took over everything in the tank. If what you have is, in fact anthelia, get rid of it asap. What I did was clip the stalks, net out the loose stalks and smear the base with kalk paste.

4. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

alright thanks for the help , almost had someting good, just another thing i got to try to evict.