another clown with white film #3 of 4 ARGH!

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by serotonin, Jul 10, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

10-30 is too much, you might shock your tank. It's just too much. You know, there is such a thing as buying dirty water and bad water from the LFS, I would consider getting your water from someone else (if you get water from the LFS) and see if that helps.

Also, he will regrow the tissue on his tail, dont worry. Try feeding them garlic to help heal wounds. Also, adding vitaminc will help them get better, trust me. Formula 2 garlic pellets (small) are great. My fish never get sick.

2. Click Here!

3. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

I use formula II also and treat the food with kent's liquid vitamin C. I also really like that formula II, its great stuff. Thx for the post!

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I am glad to here that they are improving.8) Good luck and keep us posted on there condition ;) ............................................. John

5. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

One more week to go to complete their 4 week trip in the QT. Everying is going well! A new BTA awaits in the MT, its SOOO hard for me not to put them in there! :D hehe

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

That's great :2thumbsup :clapping: I know that it is hard to wait, But I know you can do it. ;)

7. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

death to my mauritian black clown R.I.P

my clown fish died of a fungus the guy at the fish shop told me that it breaks down the mucus film around the fish(dont know what its called?) ..will this affect my tank at all as the anemone , gobies and elegance all look okay ..

this happened all within 48hrs as i noticed a little on him yesterday morning , this morning he's coated completely swimming vertically but eating okay, i go to the fish shop to get supplies and advice get told to fresh water bathe him . when i got home (within 1/2 hour) and hes pretty much laying on his side lifeless :-[
    :confused:

8. Click Here!

9. TheDuck

TheDuck Fire Worm

I've got that same deal...I think. I posted under "Crossing Fingers" on how I'm going about it.

If anyone has some suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I really don't want to lose another fish to this.

10. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Fire Worm

It sounds like Amyloodinium. My powder blue tang had it and survived thanks to Lucky Goldfish ant-bac bath. Yeah, I know that sounds wierd, but in four days he went from listless to healthy. Now, four months later I'm dealing with LLD, but otherwise a perfectly healthy tang.

11. RVA fish killer

RVA fish killer Plankton

Dead Anyway

In what I thought was the last of his days, I forced the little guy into a Fresh Water Bath for 15 minutes. I was front row to the end. Please check with someone before you say good bye:cry:

12. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

To the top with this one. I posted under my Powder Brown has Ich thread thinking the Ich spread to one of my clowns. I did some research and this is what he has. Brooklynella. It seems to be specific to clowns; will this spread to my other fish? I have the clown out, I tried the freshwater dip but he almost died so now he's in my QT tank with the tang. I don't have Formalin to dip him in today, so I hope at least the copper will help some.

edit: My hawkfish looks to be starting the same thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.