Another Clam!! Deresa

Discussion in 'Clams' started by evojoe67, Feb 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

No fresh water dip here. I didnt know i had to worry about evil hitchickers on my claim. I always check the claim over before I take it home. I am mostly looking for algae or something of that nature. Is there a specific snail you are talking about?

2. Click Here!

3. ollie51

ollie51 Feather Duster

with the addition of the clam you now have a calcium hog , make sure you monitor your calcium keep it high about 450,good luck w/it, i have 6 maximas and 1 crocea they really are cool additions to a tank

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Pyramid snails and their eggs. I also like to dip to kill any worms that might be hitching a ride. The only trick to fresh water dipping a clam is making sure that the dip water is the same temp and ph as the tank water. Dip the clam for 10 minutes or so.

5. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Ohhhh you lied and broke your promise! No pics and it's been days! ;D
    All kidding aside, congrats! Looks like you will probably have to invest in a calcium reactor if you don't have one already. The clam I had sucked my Ca levels from 420 down to 280 in 4 days.

6. crazy reef love

crazy reef love Skunk Shrimp

Nice looking clam you got there! I got a crocea and a deresa. They are both cool but the deresa is my favorite. Clams are amazing its probably one of the coolest things if you got a couple really good lookin clams.

7. Big Fish Brian

Big Fish Brian Astrea Snail

i dont have enough light either :( i've lost 3 in the past.
    Looks good, keep up the good work Clamies!!

8. Click Here!

9. scvc

scvc Bristle Worm

:) How cool!!! I kept a Deresa for about 7 years. Died this past summer, don't know why. Kept the shell. He (or she) had tripled in size from the time I got it. Okay, so now I have to go get another one, I really miss it.