Angelfish reproduction

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by turbo4603, Jan 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Hey guys, my freind has a freshwater tank that the angelfish just gave birth to around 60 little eggs. wut should she do next? Were can i find info concerning this. shes a really close freind and she axed 4 help. Thanx guys!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I have breed many angelfish.
    If this is the first spawn then most likely they will be eaten by next morning. It takes some just a couple of spawns to know how to raise the fry and other never learn and you have to remove the eggs and put in a bare bottom 10 gallon with a air stone. Just a little water movement. Do not let them touch the bottom and they will not make it to swimmers.
    This is easy to do if you put in a spawn slate and they spawned onto it if not just let nature take it coarse as they will spawn again within 3 weeks. Watch for fighting now as the female will think the male ate them and start attaching the other fish. This is normal but it could be worse. Have places for them to hide and rest from the other fish.
    These fish are the only fish in the spawn tank right?

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest