Angel in trouble!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, Nov 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Pickupman and Corailine....check. I did not read up enough and was not prepared to do the hypo as it should have been done. I jumped into something I should not have jumped into without the proper equipment and knowledge. Lesson learned? you bet. Up until the hypo treatment I thought I was doing okay. (With the exception of doing a dip and then placing the fish right back where I got him from). My angel is still alive but I have all ready chalked him up as a loss. My damsel is doing just fine by the way. He seems perfectly fine.

2. Click Here!

3. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Ryland. Good. now just keep the water stable at what you have and get that refractometer. once you have it, get your salinity right at 1.009 and hold it there while maintaining good water quality. dont do anything else. make sure you have good circulation of water in the tank and good surface agitation so you have good oxygen exchange. leave the lights off for a few days and feed once daily and very sparingly. you dont want to dirty that water. Crypt will come and go in cycles as it goes thru its life cycle.

4. fhabercrombie

fhabercrombie Fire Shrimp

Don't feel to bad I was in a similar situation as you. I used an uncycled tank for hypo and was fighting ammonia spikes. I had to return the fish to the dt after a few days. Luckily I didn't lose any fish. They were able to fight off the ich with vitamins.

5. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Angelfish is now down the toilet....****.

6. fhabercrombie

fhabercrombie Fire Shrimp

7. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Hate to hear that. FWIW, the rest of your fish in that tank are in jeopardy. you need to get them into QT for at least 4 weeks in Hypo and let the display sit Fishless for that time period to get the Crypt out of that tank. Without a fish to host it, it cannot complete its life cycle and will die. then you will be Nice and Crypt free and by QT'ing each new fish, you will not deal with the parasite again. By the way, if you have the time, read thru my build thread. Starting at Page 8 you will see what I went thru on Crypt so you know where I am coming from. I had it infecting over $300 worth of fish. Read pages 8-14 for the Crypt era.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010