Angel in trouble!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, Nov 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Should I do anything else or just walk away and get up for work in 4 hours hoping and praying he is okay???

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I just checked on the angel again. He is up and swimming. Maybe the water added made the difference. All lights are off and I will check the situation in the morning. Thank you for your advice everyone. I am praying he will still be alive in the morning!

4. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

5. Bimac32

Bimac32 Plankton

Did the angel survive the night? I also suggest making sure the water temp is the same when adding new water to the QT tank. Any sudden changes in water chemistry could put your fish into shock. Also how bad is the ich?

6. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

UPDATE....at 5 AM this morning when i went to work the angel was again laying on his side on the bottom of the tank. 2 PM when I got home from work...the angel is inside a piece of PVC so I can only see his tail. He is alive and apparently hiding inside this pipe but appears as though he is still laying on the bottom....only more upright now. Water parameters are PH 8.0, amonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 5 ppm, and salinity 1.011. I went ahead and added another gallon of fresh saltwater with normal salinity. Water temp is holding steady at 75. The water in this tank has become very cloudy. When I went to work this morning I could barely see through the tank. I shut the air stone off and this seems to help. Any ideas? Suggestions on how I should proceed from here on?

7. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Open to any and all suggestions.....

8. Click Here!

9. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Also, the ich had came and went several times. The last time the angel was covered in ich the worse I have seen. This is when i decided I needed to do something.

10. country1911

Give it some time to acclimatize to the new environment. It might take a week or more for it to fully feel comfortable. Is it eating? That is a major concern.

11. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

I havent tried feeding them yet. I hghly doubt he will eat given he is barely swimming. How fast can I raise the salinity? At this rate I am adding a gallon of normal salinity water every 12 hours. Can I or should I speed it up some?

12. country1911

That should be OK. You want to aim for .001-.002 everyday. I think you will be ok leaving it low now tho. Try feeding it tomorrow and if it won't eat slowly raise the salinity a little more.