Angel fish and ich

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by mejean1978, Oct 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mejean1978

mejean1978 Plankton

we just got an angel fish and durning the day the ich tends to clear up, but at night when we turn the lights out the ich comes back full force. What could be causing this? Is this normal for Angels? He has his own hiding place, and we use a black light before we turn the light off completly and then turn the light off. Any help we appercaite

2. Click Here!

3. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Something about the black light isn't good for the fish. I cant remember what but definitely not good. Plus a black light shows everything so the ich is either always there or not.

4. vinny147

vinny147 Bristle Worm

From what ive experienced, angelfish always get ich. I have heard of tons of people having problems with angel fish and ich. Use some seachem metronidazole (I used it and it didnt hurt my inverts) and soak his food in some garlic guard and vitality. He will be fine in a week or so. It worked great for me!

5. jcrewhunk

jcrewhunk Plankton

I treated my discus and angelfish tank and didn't kill the nitrogen cycle. I used an herbal treatment that is 100% natural and cured my tank: Click Here This is where i bought it from Amazon.

6. chonchboy5

chonchboy5 Astrea Snail

having a problem of my own with a flame angel. ive been treating with copper sulfate and it seems to be helping or at least keeping it from getting worse. Had problems in the past and lost some fish and basicly started over with fish. the copper is no good for reef tanks an i dont recomend it in any display because it can mess with your nitrogen cycle.

7. Weir_Head

Weir_Head Skunk Shrimp

I too have a problem with my flame angel...
    It's crazy how like 95% of angels/tangs get ich it seems.

The thing with my Angel (1 week), it eats everything. So that's a good sign right?
    I've been soaking all the food in garlic.

Is it possible that the Angels just kick the ich on their own?