anenomes

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Guest, Jan 12, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

at the moment ive got about 3.8W a gallon an will probly make it close to 5Ws in a week or two.
    would that figure fall but, depending on the distance between the light and the anenome ? ? ?
    i have a distance of about 20cm between the lights an where the anenome would sit on my LR.
    from wat i worked out its the same no matter where in ur tank, an that doesnt seem right

how many watts is ur average hallide ??

2. Click Here!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

hey grasshopper, finnaly ive found some one who lives in australia and talks about products that i know. ive got a power glow and a marine glo tube for my tank, but im looking at a MH light. They ussually come in 150W, 250W, and 400W, or at least thats wat ive seen. i think you can also get 175W as well. Wat are your tank dimensions, like how many feet long, deep and wide? i think my tank is only a little bigger, its around 45 gallons. im thinking of putting a 250W MH over it, which would bring my watts up to around 6.4W/gallon. after all ive heard, id try and get a halide light if i were u.

cya.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

hey shrimpman
    ive got one power glo at the moment, one blew yesty
    my tank is only small, its about 55 to 60 litres, i have no idea how many gallons that is, not many i dont think.
    my tanks a 2 footer
    if i put a MH on , just a 150W one, id have around 12W a gallon i think
    is that to much, is there such thing as having to much light

i think i might have a mantis shrimp in my tank, i discovered it tonight. its about 2 mm long, see through with distinctive black eyes, it has 3, maybe 4 prongs on its tail an has a kind of serated body ?? can anyone confirm this ?? should i get him out asap ??

thanx

5. Jeremy

i think i had something like that shrimp in my tank, it was really small and see through. i didn't get rid of it though, for the reason that i didn't know what it was. matter of fact, i still don't. 12 watts a gallon is lots, but if you had it about 1-2 feet above the tank, i guess it would be OK. and then you would have enough light for anything. i dont think it is to much, as long as it doesn't overheat your tank. ive seen a set up with like 8 MH lights over it, plus some fluros as well.

6. Jeremy

by the way, you have about 15 gallons in your tank, so it is like a nano reef. with a 150W MH you would have 10W/gallon. maybee you could try using 2 marine glo and 2 power glo lights, ive seen some nice small tanks like that, and thats perfect for soft corals. but i recon it could be cheaper to get a 150W MH light, coz u only have 2 change 1 bulb once a year, but the fluros have to be changed every 6 months.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

sweet
    i might have to look into it
    im not sure weather im gonna go corals or not, there pretty expensive an im not gonna be able to look after the tank next yr, ill hopefully(fingerscrossed) be in the airforce by then.
    so it makes it a bit tuff
    but ill have to look into it,

any advice for possible mantis shrimp
    can anyone confirm it, description in last post

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sounds like a Mantis Shrimp to me. Do you hear clicking? Bait it or start pulling rocks out until you get it. They will eat fish if they can.

This site is the best for Mantis info:

http://www.blueboard.com/mantis/

I will add it to the links library right now.