Anemones

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by cody3819, Dec 22, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

cody - I think I responded to your question in your other thread. It's great that your clown has taken up residence so quickly - you don't need to worry about separating them. Your clown will also feed the nem, they have such a cool relationship! just give the nem some time to acclimate to your tank and settle in and most likely it will continue to color up more and more

cody3819 likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Thanks for both respones. They are very helpful. It finally settled the other and looked very happy. But then against some good advice I feed it, I know newbie, and it has been closing and opening for the last day? I shouldn't have fed it, but I have read multiple articles that stated, to aid a bleach anemone back to health feeding it is paramount. I'm kinda stuck now, I want this amazing creature happy and healthy. So I'm at a lost now. I'll just wait it out and leave it alone.

4. cody3819

I would like to take a pick, but as you said oldfishkeepr, it has settled in the back of my tank. I can see it, but it's not in the front as I would have liked. I just want it to be very health and vibrant.

5. cody3819

This is how it has been for two days now. I put the egg crate up so my clown will leave it alone.

Attached Files:

6. lizkelley1979

lizkelley1979 Plankton

Hey everyone! I am new to this forum as well as new to having a saltwater tank. I have a 120gallon tank for 3 months now, lots of base and live rock, live sand, 5 stage filtration system as well as protein skimmer. So far all of my water tests came back spot on as I slowly have been introducing a cleanup crew of crabs and snails. Recently added a chocolate chip starfish who is doing quite well. Recently I purchased an anemone from Petco (seller has always been quite knowledgeable and informative). I was told that it should do well in my tank. I acclimated it as I usually do with all the other guys I have (slow drip) and this afternoon this is how it looks. This morning it was fine and now he is suddenly deflated. Has been like this for a couple of hours now and refuses to release the krill. Is this normal? I thought the process of changing it's water would be quicker and sooner. I've had it for about 4 days now.

Attached Files:

7. cody3819

Nem didn't make it. It hasn't fully opened in a few days and the mouth started to open. Not sure if this was from my clown beating it up, stealing food from its mouth or my lack of knowledge. More than likely it was all three. Either way this had been a great learning curve and I have learned more about nems in the last week than I have over the past months. I now will be better prepared for my next Nem. Thank you guys for all your help and support, happy reefing!

8. Click Here!

9. Dawun

Dawun Plankton

I got a beautiful BTA for Christmas and the bulbs are full and the color looks great but my clowns won't go near it. Never knew having "Rose" in my tank would be so chellenging it has moved several times and seems to get caught in the current and ends up in the back of my tank I have moved it several times to the front I also put something in front of the hole where it keeps going through the rock. This is like having a two year old and leaving it in the house by itself. image.jpg

10. Dawun

Dawun Plankton

So very sorry. I am also very new to the reef and lost an entire 55 g salt about a month ago. Not sure what happen. It was very upsetting. I still have my 29 g bio and a 55 g fresh don't think I will set up my other 55 g again. At least it was just a fowlr tank no coral. Happy reeling.

cody3819 likes this.
  11. cody3819

It's because it's moving to where it wants to be. Most often with bubbles they will go to the back of the tank. I would leave it alone before you stress it out and it starts going bown. From what I have learned these things are the hardest of nems but they are still very fragile. And your clowns may never be hosted by your nem. But if they do its a pretty awesome sight.

12. cody3819

Sorry for the loss of your system, and also for the lack of spelling in my first reply, lol ;). I have lost a few good coral a few months ago I lost a very nice pink on pink hammer and almost my frogspwan. Don't get upset and quit, this is a very unique hobby. Just keep pressing forward and yes your new nem is very nice. Happy reefing.