Anemone's- share what you have learned: Updated

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by alpha_03, Dec 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Hey Raven- where in what you posted does it include a drip line? And where is the link for said information? The O2 exchange isnt the problem, it's the Co2 that creates the problem- hence why you use drip aclimation as I previously described. Or, do as Steve suggested- water treatment.

As for the gang up session, I will be happy to leave if that is how you treat new members.

Seems the know it all's don't like what I post. To bad- what I have stated works, and is advised by many reefers with far more experience then all of us combined- if it doesnt for you- then the problem isnt my info- it's your methods.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

http://www.3reef.com/forums/inverts/anemones-help-99493-3.html#post1019253

Just for reference.

It's not a gang up session. I was legitimately asking what you're creds are. There are several people on this board that have extensive creds.

Are you one of them? Perhaps you are and you are going to show a link for your position. Raven has been here a while, there's been plenty of threads on this topic. Being the new guy in town, I'm more interested in seeing your links than Raven's (again).

I am particularly interested to hear you elaborate on why ammonia is a gas and therefore not a problem.

As I could not find a 'say hello' thread, you haven't introduced your self but have come on and immediately started giving questionable advise.

I find it offensive you would suggest any one person has more experience than an entire forum of people that you do not know.

4. alpha_03

As stated in bold, top to bottom answers,

First off, whom are you to ask such a thing? For all you know I own the damn place- but you do not know- do you? Before you ask credentials of someone first- offer up your own, then you don't look like such an ass.

Second bold type responce- so you discriminate based upon what? Your lack of knowledge or his?

Third bold type responce- find me a normal instance where amonia exist's in our surroundings in other then a gaseous state at normal human living conditions? See here - Ammonia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia you might actually learn something

Fourth bold type responce- Oh get over yourself, you obviously know very little and surf on the backs of others- how about this- you have offered nothing to make this thread better- more so, your opinion why someone else seems to know and my post are so wrong- therefore STFU, get a clue, and post something possitive- i.e, go bother someone else- because I am now done with you.

PS- knowledge is free ya know.

5. JAWS

JAWS Plankton

Only buy them when they have tight mouths cause a loose gaping Mouth is a bad sign also do not always be worried if they have deflated it is a natural thing they do just watch them to make sure they re-inflate again soon

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

If you think about it, it doesn't matter whether you use a drip line or the cup method, or any other of your choosing. The moment you open the bag, you're letting CO[SUB]2[/SUB] out and oxygen in, creating a pH swing. Period. It has nothing to do with the water being added to the bag; it has to do with that enclosed system with a low oxygen to CO[SUB]2[/SUB] ratio being exposed to the air with a higher oxygen to CO[SUB]2[/SUB] ratio, thereby swinging the oxygen content of the water up, and the CO[SUB]2[/SUB] content down. That, in turn, raises the pH, which converts ammonium to ammonia, which is by far more deadly for fish.

You fail hXc, man. Peredhil is definitely not ignorant to begin with, let alone ignorant enough to be slammed by you as such.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

and just to make things clear ammonia in the human world is irrelevant to ammonia in the aquatic world. don't come onto a forum with a chip on your shoulder.

8. Click Here!

9. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

+1^^

10. alpha_03

I wonder - since I have never lost a single critter from drip acclimation, why would this be bad- you say ph change due to co2 and hence amonia, well if you go read about amonia and why co2 causes this and what is required for said change to occur perhaps you might look at this a little differently, perhaps not.

Either way I beg to differ- and about 1 million other people agree with me- here is my proof. I can post more links for you if you like.

The Drip Method of Acclimation! :: FishGeeks :: Tropical fish - Marine Fish - Aquarium Fish - Pond Fish - Aquatic Plants

Drip Acclimation : LA Reefs - Specializing in Live Coral, Macroalgae, and Inverts for Reef Aquariums

Acclimation Article

Acclimation Procedure for Aquatic Life: Welcoming Home New Arrivals

R. Durso's 180g - Drip Acclimation

Acclimation

The Drip Method of Fish, Invert, and Coral Acclimation | Reef Chronicle

Acclimation guide for Saltwater fish, corals, and invertebrates.

Acclimation Guide For Saltwater Aquarium Fish, Coral and Invertebrates

11. alpha_03

On the contrary, I have no problem with discussing anything, I have no chip on my shoulder, I think it's the other way arround. And btw, amonia is amonia- a chemical derived from the mixing of elements, the key here is the how and why- and how to avoid such a thing- didn't you read the entire thread?

12. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

lol im just going to remove this post. i have no desire to argue with someone. this is a forum to discuss knowledge and better ourselves in our hobby am i right? maybe the playground would give u what u need.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010