Anemone Problem

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by bdixon, Dec 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fiyero1988

Fiyero1988 Bristle Worm

I agree with you but it is not dying although it is not happy in its current state. I just wish everyone including major sites wouldn't say they are dying because they are not they are like you said not thriving and honestly artificial systems just do not provide enough nutrients and proper water for anemones.

Research on cnidarians is in a area of shades of grey, to make assumptions on the state of its being is just that an assumption based on our own anemones. This site contains information from people based on their opinions and experience but nothing on this site is based on facts and research and natural observation in the wild. We simply do not have the resources.

2. Click Here!

3. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Fiyero, I do not disagree with what you are saying, I simply posted what my experience has taught me- as I already stated. However, I also really have a lot of respect for what Corailline says, 20 years experience is worth 10 biology degrees IMHO.

I agree with you that nens are not very well understood, but that is why we are here talking about them and trying to help the O/P- it is all we can do for each other- I am not there - nor are you, so the best we can do is offer our own experiences and hope this can or will help either wha is present or the next fellow reefer/aquarist.

I like what you post and I dont always agree with it completely, but I too am still learning... so there it is. We all have a lil' room to grow and learn from each others experiences.

I hope the anemone survives- I really do, I have offered up what I know, and so have you- now we have to wait and see what happens.