anemone hiding

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by JP909, Sep 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

That is sweet awesome ! congrats with the hosting.....

2. Click Here!

3. JP909

JP909 Feather Duster

Not sure what happened to the tips?? I've heard they observe more light when they fully open. Also my clown doesn't really host during the day, but once the lights go out he's in there like no other.
    [​IMG]

4. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

Thats how my clowns were originally with my frogspawn. They slept in it but wouldn't go in it during the day. Now they rarely leave it. Strange about the tips. I love seeing someones rbta or gbta with big tips. Something I've never been able to keep inflated in my tank.

5. SerySaltwater

SerySaltwater Plankton

Thanks for updating us. This is reassuring me that maybe one day my anemone will come out as well.

I got an anemone 5 days ago, and the only thing that it does is hide. :angry: Little frustrating, so I thought about moving the rocks around JUST for my anemone, but because of my other creatures in the tank, I decided to leave it alone and research.

Every site I go to says that I should just leave it alone, so that is what I'm doing... waiting... waiting... and waiting... trying to even forget that I even have an anemone........................:cry:

So far, the BTA isn't bleached or looks unhealthy. It won't eat or open up at times, but I'm planning to leave it alone.

6. JP909

JP909 Feather Duster

Yup leave it alone. How old is your tank and what's your lighting?

7. SerySaltwater

SerySaltwater Plankton

The tank that anemone is placed in isn't very old. Maybe a month?
    ammonia, nitrate, nitrite = 0
    pH=8.4
    dKh=7
    Calcium=420
    Water Temp = 77

I know the research says, don't put it in the new tank, but I thought the anemone should find its place first. I didn't want it to get stung by corals and such. Is this still a bad idea? Should I move him to the older tank? I would have to rip some corals off to make some room for him.

I have LED lighting. First time using this light, so I am experimenting with it in this tank. If things work out with this tank for 6months, I'm planning to upgrade to LED for my other tank. The other tank uses MH.

8. Click Here!

9. JP909

JP909 Feather Duster

I would wait for atleast six months to add one. At five months on my tank I had an algae bloom that lasted about a week. Plus since your experimenting with lighting you should take it out.

10. SerySaltwater

SerySaltwater Plankton

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes on him for now. It can't be too good to keep moving him either. He ate some today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :T

11. SerySaltwater

SerySaltwater Plankton

Patients have paid off!! JP thanks for posting pictures and thread. Anemone is now in middle of the tank, healthy, eating, and open. It was partially bleached when I got it, but it is now looking good.