anemone dying???

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by agiuliano87, Sep 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

That only shows that it is live. Over time the coraline algae will turn white and then return to purple.
    When you introduce LR to your tank there is a certain amount of die off that causes your amonia, nitrites and nitrates to spike. All is very unhealthy to any living creature.

2. Click Here!

3. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Patience is the virtue long forgotten by many (forgot who said this). Words to live by reefing. Most people wont add an nem to the tank for at least 6 months, your tank hasnt cycled yet so chances are when it does your nem will bomb and then nuke the rest of your tank. Be patient get a damsel if you want a fish just wait on the nem.

4. agiuliano87

agiuliano87 Astrea Snail

hes a puffed up again now, but he won't eat. My boyfriend keeps telling me that the tank has cycled already. I'm more afraid of loosing my black+white clown :-\ but if I stick him in my bf's 90 i'll probably never be able to get him back.

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I couldn't have said it better myself. The key to success in the marine hobby is to do a lot of research and be very patient. Certain fish, corals and inverts require adequate lighting, pristine water conditions and a mature eco system in order for them to survive in captivity.

6. agiuliano87

agiuliano87 Astrea Snail

when I bought the biocube they told me the lights in there were exactly what I needed for corals and stuff.

7. TROYBOY84

TROYBOY84 Feather Duster

definitely not cycled yet.

8. Click Here!

9. kedron

kedron Flamingo Tongue

LFS, they lie cause they want you to spend your money, and when it dies they tell you, that you did something wrong if you dont know always check 3reef.com first and get your info at three weeks the only thing i would put in there in something cheap to help it cycle like a small chromis or damsil and not domino those things are mean

10. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I'm just wondering, how long has your bf been in the hobby? A tank isn't anywhere near cycled unless it has been up and running fir at least 3 weeks. Even if toy put in tones of live rock and anything else containing bacteria. A nitrogen cycle needs go take place before any tank is considered cycled. I'd bet, if you return all the live stock to the Lfs, and you test your water next week, you're gonna see all your levels have risen and it's then your tank has begun it's nitrogen cyle.

11. tkeck

tkeck Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

another classic...when will it stop?

12. agiuliano87

agiuliano87 Astrea Snail

he's had freshwater his entire life and this is his second saltwater fish tank. His is thriving and has alot of coral and fish and all that. He says other people have also said that using an established tanks water is fine and you can add things sooner. I have xenia in there too only because it came on a rock I got for like $2.00 lol but its doing really good. The anemone is looking fine now but its not eating. It's too late to do anything now... I was thinking of just moving my stuff into his tank for a while but i'm afraid I won't be able to fish the clown back out since his is so big..and he already has a perc in his.