Anemone Debate

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Robman, May 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Kinda felt a cold jab on the "did you just look at the pic" comment ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Whens the last time you bred a yellow tang? Just noticed ur icon...lol I'm JK! lol ;) Had to be a smart as* sorry ::)

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

included in the fish we can't breed disclaimer. man I wish someone would figure out how to breed tangs though.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Yeh no kidding! Prices would come down and they would be hardier! I <3 Tangs!

6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Wow Gresham...I totally missed this post...must have changed pages when you posted it. I agree 100% on the Petco thing, as I worked there for a few years. The survival rate was dismal at best for nems. I tried everything from different lighting to live food. Got extremely tired of watching them waste away, only for Petco to re-order from suppliers. I will admit, whatever the suppliers were doing, the nems looked great when they got to the store. I dont know if they were fresh cut and shipped, or the supplier had them awhile. I agree we have come a long way in this hobby, but I still think they should stay in the sea...JMO. Please share any info that can help others do better with their nems, as you seem to know alot about them.

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Prices would go up as it's far more intensive to breed fish then to simply collect them. The price of yellow tangs has always been far to low. I can get them at retail for $19.99. IMO they should be $50! All MO livestock should be most costly. This industry kills so many just in the pursuit of cheapening the livestock. Thousand upon thousands die en route every year simply due to over packing.

8. Click Here!

9. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Hehehehe...no jab....just playin!!!:)

10. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Amen to that!!

1 person likes this.
  11. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

DUDE don't post anymore... your post count is 2,222 and 22 is my lucky number :lol:

I 100% agree some species should be left alone, carpets for sure. At this point given the vast amount of propagated BTA's, maybe your right and maybe we should be limited to those.

people will always slaughter livestock due it ignorance, etc. I don't know what can be done for those :(

12. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

That sucks...never thought of it that way. Are you still a supplier??