Anemone Debate

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Robman, May 21, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

:lol: Funny how the author used a coldwater anemone that is barely photosynthetic for the anemone picture :D

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Did you read the article?? Or just look at the pic? I posted that for the information they found about the survival rate.

1 person likes this.
  5. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

dude, thats not the point I was trying to make. Doesnt matter how many dead animals. living animals, dummies, or dead people they practiced on before they dove into there first living being. IT STILL was a higher risk being a FIRST time surgeon than a brain surgeon with numerous operations under there belt. period.

Im not trying to get into a info debate eith you blackraven becuase i have seen solid advice from you on muliply of mine and other threads. However I just believe some people just get to offended about this. This whole hobby is risk and reward. Most environmentalist would tell us to not have anything what so ever in are tankl becuase we "may be distroying the reef. But that is a "RISK we are aware of and have decided we are willing to take. As is keeping an anenome. no matter how low the survivoral rates.

I just dont think we can get on here and scold anybody from purchasing any thing they have the right to own. only give them solid advice and hope for the best.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Dont get mad at each other...This is a thread to learn how to increase the survival rate of an animal that alot of people here love to keep. I personally wont put one in my tank..Thats ok. If anything good is learned here, it was worth the debate. What ever happened to good clean debate?? People seem to take stuff so personal nowadays. Relax and enjoy some different opinions. It is healthy for everyone!!

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Sure did, give me more credit then that please:p.'

Did you read the part that jived with what I said about carpets? Or what I said about BTA's, which they said is little differently but arrived at the same conclusion? :)

BTW I read that book years ago, it's been in my library since the year it was published.

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

this hobby isn't so good for anemones(and fish we can't breed), but personally I feel alot of these animals will only be left in the aquarium trade after a while, with all the wild ones going extinct do to reef destruction.

10. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

It was just a question---credit givin!!!:)
    Yes I do agree with you on that part!!

11. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

12. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I was making the assumption that the survey was about the survival of anemones in home aquariums, not in stores. She never talked about stores in the article.

So, I will stick to the position that home survival rates haven't gone up. Even if that's due to more people buying on the newbie end, and less buying on the experienced end, the rate is likely similar to where it was before.