Anemone compatiblity with gbta? Fish Stock help

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by nanomania, Jan 5, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

The algae blenny and tang for sure.

2. Click Here!

3. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

Well then guys which algae eater shud i add? Tang i can understand, buy why not algae blenny (lawnmower)??

4. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

your snails should be able to take care of the algae, I dont have any experience with lawnmowers so cant really help

DSC reef likes this.
  5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I havent seen any eat algae, they ate what was fed into the tank. Clean up crew and good husbandry are what you need for algae.

Animals3269 likes this.
  6. nanomania

Iv seen lawnmowers eating hair algae...

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Every fish is different and I've owned 3 of them since in the hobby. If you don't want to take advice then dont ask. We're all just trying to help you so take the advice or dont. No matter how many threads you start it's going to be the same advice nano. Over stocking a tank without proper filtration is a bad idea and every lawnmower blenny I've owned turned into mean tankmates. In a small tank aggression will be even more of a problem. If your planning ahead for algae then a clean up crew is the best option.Your questions have been answered on both threads so there's nothing more to be said.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Animals3269 likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. nanomania

Well i guess u havent yet got what exactly im saying or asking. Im from india and we dont get everything u get. If uv read above, we have no cleanup cre available here in india like u guys. We have to go to a seashore to catch some snails or max we get are tiger turbos. Hermits we get are all non reefsafe and huge. Urchins crabs are all wild caught. Lfs sell them and have no idea wether they are reefsafe or no. iv had luck with algae blenny, so jus mentioned them in the list. As per the stocking, for this reason im adding a sump for some extra volume of water to support the bioload. If uv seen my other thread, u can see most fishes mentioned are for nano 10g tanks as per the care sheets. Iv already changed the list there. fishes in my country are not easily available and we need to wait for months sometimes. So the stock list i mentioned in the OTHER thread will take a year to complete. By tht time ill upgrade my filteration system and also the food ill be buying will be good brands like NLS wich is considered low in po4. u can have a look at my other thread and reply there if u want... thanks. I take all comments positively and im considering the size issue too.