And another thanks to John and reefcleaners

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by reefmonkey, Apr 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Big props to John for never ceasing to amaze me! I needed to replace some of the CUC I had just bought because the Falco hawkfish discovered snails were easy pickins. The last sale was the perfect op to do this.
    Besides I've been wanting a fighting conch for a while and whats a reefcleaners order without some macro's?
    Everything arrived well packed and alive. Even the little brittle star! Within an hour the conch was moving. I've never seen one alive and it's trippy watching him use his "trunk" to vaccum the rocks. My 4 year old named him Gary. LOL
    I also ordered a penny gorg. That thing is huge! I can't wait until the polyps extend, they did a little today and I think they are purple.
    The real surprise was the little double headed euphy and the gsp! I can't tell if it's a frog, hammer or torch because it hasn't extended much yet, just enough that I know it's a euph of some sort. Also right at it's base is what I first believed to be a little nem of some type but tonight while looking it's clearly a littler euph of the same type.
    Thanks so much my friend!

2. Click Here!

3. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

Cant wait to get in my order later this week!

4. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

thanks! that is a new head on that frogspawn. i have some other things i have to clear out of my hobby tank, so feel free to leave me a note if you are interested in some, and have an order shipping with Express Mail only.

5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Good to know! The GSP is great too but it will stay isolated on it's little rock out on the sandbed. LOL I'll never put that stuff on my main scape again. :)

6. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

You really can't go wrong when you order from reefcleaners. Great sponsor and business!!!

7. Zander

Zander Spaghetti Worm

John,

Going to be removing all of my Macro Algae from my DT and just have it in my Fuge, Have Halimeda, Ulva, Maidens Hair, Mermaids Fan plant, Fern Caulpera, and shaving brush.

Recommendations on getting it all cleared... 125 Gallon Tank so something Reef/Coral Safe. :) Was thinking Pencil Urchin(s)?

Already have Ceriths, Nassarius, Nerite, mexican turbo snails, and tons of hermit crabs!

Also wanted to get a star for the detritus which one is better? Brittle or Serpent?

Thanks!

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

THanks!

Pencil Urchins are better than others but I always try to stay away from them if possible in reefs.

The stars are about the same size right now, so they eat about the same amount. I prefer nassarius snails to both, 4 nassarius will do a better job IMO than one brittle/serpent star, but they do have that different/cool factor going for them. Harlequin serpents look cool, the rest are kind of ugly.