Ammonia between 0ppm and 0.25ppm, will everything be ok?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by HollyG, Oct 13, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

I am getting ready to transfer as much as I can from my 33 gallon to a 10gal to save space and money etc. And sell the rest. My water had been murky for a couple days so I tested my water this morning and noticed that the ammonia is between 0ppm and 0.25. Everything seems to be acting normal. I have 2 clown fish and a firefish. 5 reef safe hermits, and some snails. A few frags of zoas, clove polyps, muchrooms, monti caps, monti digi, kenya tree and a devils hand. Will they all be ok? And should I put off the transfer until ammonia goes back to 0ppm? Or should I just continue the transfer as planed?

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

If you have detectable ammonia in the 10g, then the tank is still cycling. You most definitely should wait before putting anything in there. Both ammonia and nitrite need to be absolute zero for the safety of your pets.

If you're saying you have ammonia in the 33g, it would be best to get everything out ASAP if the 10g is ready.