All the advice that I can get.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by MattsReef, Jun 21, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Windy

Windy Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

When I and others cull thousands of fish a year, I see little issue with cycling with some. It isn't much different than using culled clowns for feeding other fish. I just don't see the big deal. It A-OK if its a goldfish. or one of those fish in Pet stores that are in about 2 ounces of water. That's good treatment? Where is the outrage?

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Since when did anyone say that a goldfish is ok to mistreat or a fish in a store in a little water is ok? Your just typing words and hoping at the end of the sentence it makes sense. You cull your fish, everybody knows, who cares! The fact is your not offering any helpful advice that a newcomer asked for. This thread is probably gonna get shut down because of your nonsense.

zesty, Swisswiss and Lovemyreef2015 like this.
  4. Windy

Windy Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Wow, then shut it down.

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Oh my.

When I was new, I was instructed by lfs to cycle with a damsel and chromis. Now I have a few years under my belt, I would never do so. Raw shrimp for the grocery store is what I used for my last cycle.

cody3819 and DSC reef like this.
  6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Considering the 40 lbs of live sand, I see no problems, here. Feed lightly for the first 2 - 3 weeks and keep up your maintenance. As for the fish, those are Azure Damsels which are less aggressive than the Domino or Blue Devil. Still could be problematic in a smaller tank, though. Personally, I'd keep them as my only 2 fish for that tank and start adding corals, but that's just me. :)

insanereefer420 likes this.