All my corals are shriveled

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Kevin3884, Sep 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

yeh I'm starting to freak out a little bit now because my regal tang has a cloudy eye..trying to get help with that on the ASAP thread

2. Click Here!

3. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

when you say you redid your fuge.did you silicone any new baffels or anything like that.if so what kind of silicone did you use..just a shot in the dark here..

4. Kevin3884

Yes i put new baffels, but i used GE 100% Silicone (no mildew resistant)..so i think i'm safe there

5. Kevin3884

Well my corals are pretty much all dead :( My xenia died, my candycanes never opened back up, most of my kenya trees died, frogspawn died, most of my button polyps have turned white and shriveled up...I think the thing that killed them all was the quick clear stuff that came in the live sand...thats the only thing i can think of that could of did it...everything was fine until that was added, then my skimmers started skimming like CRAZY amounts of bubbles (almost like soap) and nothing has really recovered..:::sigh:: so i just wanna inform everyone not to use that stuff that comes in the live sand..it evidently nukes your corals..

6. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Very sorry to hear your loss..hope you will rebuild once you find out the cause..