Urgent All help appreciated please

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by rcflyer1388, Mar 25, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

also known as chemical warfare, but only would happen if there were other corals in the tank, and in fairly close proximity to one another at that.

2. Click Here!

3. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

I will try relocating my carbon bag and looking into a reactor. and I believe they are a type of zoas now that you mentioned it. but again. I'm still trying to learn the names and I'm the worst at names.

4. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

Or if you physically agitate them. Say maybe when they were added to the tank.

5. rcflyer1388

I know one of them detached off the base from the water circulation. it was poorly glued by the Lfs and it was tumbling. after I secured it, it let it's tentacles loose and waving around.

6. rcflyer1388

it's starting to take a turn for the worst. one of my blue damsels was the first casualty and my domino damsels turned white and not eating.

7. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

First off, I wouldn't suggest adding anything to your tank unless you know what it is and what its needs are. I would be surprised if the zoas are killing your fish but I guess it's possible if the tank is small enough. How old is the carbon in the sock. If over two weeks, I would suggest replacing with fresh carbon to remove any toxins if there are any.

8. Click Here!

9. rcflyer1388

the carbon right now is about 4 days old and I mixed it with GFO also.

10. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

If you really think the toxins in the water are high enough to kill your fish, you might change out the carbon sooner than you normally would. I would try to think of any other changes you have made either through additions or process changes. The coral addition could just be a coincidence and have nothing to do with your recent losses.

11. rcflyer1388

the only other recent changes added were the addition of GFO. got a new RO/DI unit. Added Ulva in the fuge from reef cleaners, new LED lighting. And removed the filter socks from the sump. As of now the coral additions are flourishing and the fish are dying.

12. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

Hmmm....don't see any issues there. How long have you had the fish that are dying?