All-Glass MegaFlow Aquariums

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey everyone,

I just bought the 75 AGA tank that is the megaflow model, but I didn't get the MegaFlow Accessory Kit. Can someone post some web site links/pictures of what I need to get so that I can contact my LFS with my order?

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

You should just be able to ask for the AGA Mega overflow kit. Thats what I did and got it in a couple of weeks. The kit comes with all accessories needed to convert any size tank.

J

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Jakets,

Would you happen to have any pictures of your setup?
    if so, post em on here or email em to me .. [email protected]

Also, If anyone else has pictures of their megaflow kit, feel free to send them to me as well.

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

There is a pic of my set up on pg. 2 of this thread if you need more or different angle let me know I can snap a pic pretty fast

J

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I just bought the Overflow Accessory Kit. I know I could have made one but sometimes time means more than money to me. It is a DEFINATE improvement over their old standpipe design.

7. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

@Inwall75

My "kits" on way in mail (along w/new tank)

Please keep eye out for any "pitfalls" in installation and let us know if you spot any.

Expect they come with pretty detailed instructions - but the way my mind works, I will be getting a bag of plastic pipes with no clue how to setup. :p

Thanks,

OmarD

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I bought mine from a LFS. They had it on the shelf and it didn't have any instructions whatsoever because the box had been opened at the LFS. Basically, I got exactly what you were talking about---a plastic bag with a bunch of parts and no instructions. I can help you through the installation if yours doesn't have instructions.

10. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

AGA doesn't provide instructions and had I not set a few up I would have been pissed especially becuase the picture on th box, my new 90 and the internet was the old of kit, They need to update a little better

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

New tank is here and "parked" in living room.

Did come with instructions for overflow setup. They must have gotten message. (were in the "kit" boxes)

Only drawback I see so far is need to cut pipes to right length for the 120. - otherwise, looks pretty straight forward.

Will do after canopy/stand project complete - will make noise for "help" if needed.

Thanks,

OmarD

12. Big_R

Big_R Plankton

"Well suprise suprise I wasn't thrilled with All Glass's response. it was as usefull as lips on a chicken. rather then "tech support" I got to hear how great his tank was and tips that already are known. "

Phil,

That's a bit unfair, isn't it?? I didn't mention anything about how great my tank is. I simply made a reference to the size pump I was running and offered a solution to quiet down your system; which in reading further into this thread, sounds like you used.

"The all glass has an air hole but no way to adjust it. The air hole looks sorta like a nipple where an airline tube would fit but none was included and there are not any instructions anywhere on how the adjustment might be made "

No adjustments are required or needed.

"Also the adjustable height is that you cut the intake and return standpipes to the correct height. "

The current version uses a multi piece design that slides up and down to adjust for varying height requirements.

Just for clarification, I supervise the light department at AGA and am not in the customer service department. That part of my signature seems to have been left off the "cut and paste". Since I am involved in the reefing hobby, on occasion our customer service department will forward me a question when they think I might be able to offer some help. This is not part of my job; it is something I do as a courtesy to our customers.

Randy