All-Glass MegaFlow Aquariums

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I will be getting mine this week. I know I could have very easily built a Derso but I wanted to see the new overflow. From what I understand the megaflow system has been changed since the Pic at the beginning of this thread. It now has a hight adjustment, so that fine tuning can be done. I'm very exited and will share pics when I get it

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Well I installed the new Megaflow overFlow on my 75G AGA today. Because I have the older corner twin overflow there is barely enough room for the "Derso" style drain. The pipe is actually flexed just a bit in the coupling at the bottom. Now the old style seal was threaded and the new one is just friction fitted so I left the old in. This makes the intake about a 1/32" higher than it should but after tests I really don't think it matters. Having built a Derso in the past I would have to say this is very stable right off the bat. The water raised started to drain and dropped just a bit and has not budged in about an hour.

Quite YES, Quieter than a home made version NO. My suggestion to anyone that does not have this system is to build a Derso. If you are really prefer the no fuss no muss then spend the outrageous amount they want for this MOD and have a very quite system

J

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Ya gotta love these product review forums!!!

5. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

Yup, ya do!! All I know is that I am more than happy with mine!!!!

6. Jason McKenzie

Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with the results, I just know I could have built the whole thing of a 10th of the price. I would consider the "Megaflow" system a definite plus over a Oceanic, or a Hegan systems.

7. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

My system has been up 3 months now and i love it I have a 90 with am mag950 return pump. at first it was louder then i wanted but after playing around rerouting the intake hose to the sump it got much quieter. i agree that the corner over flow is a tight fit but it fits. I have read a tip That if the water level is too high you can remove the gasket at the top of the overflow and lower it but haven't needed to do this.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

How much is AGA selling the durso mod for? [smiley=huh2.gif]

10. Jason McKenzie

Cost to Canadian Dealers is $50.00 CAN.

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Whoa.
    That's a premium for PVC pipe.

12. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

I bought my kit with the tank for $42.00 I thought I was getting the old setup with the float. Having never used a durso setup it took about 15 min to figure out especially because all the papper work online and the picture on the tank all showed the old system. Matt i do agree the price was high for what you get