All-Glass MegaFlow Aquariums

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

I recently purchased a new 75 AGA with the megaflow...hopefully I'll be setting it up this weekend..will let ya know what I think of it....they have also repositioned the overflow on the 75..instead of being in the corner it's on the back..not centered though....sorta like the pic..but with only one..we'll see how it works out :)

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Cool! 8)
    Keep us posted - I am very interested in this new arrangement.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not this Megaflow will be applied to there 55G model? I am going to be buying one soon and would much rather use this as the other overflows are only rated at 600GPH, and I have a 29G wet dry sump that I want to push about 850 GPH through. Thanks

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

The 55G has the twin over flow system. I'm not sure if it will have the Megaflow but according to AGA they have been shipping since July. I would verify with your LFS as there stock turn over may not be that fast.

J

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Matt,
    I could swear that this is the tank I bought a gazillion raffle tickets for at the IMAC. However, your pic says it was taken in February. Was this the IMAC prize or is the Feb date wrong?

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=inwall75 link=board=Product;num=1062822016;start=0#14 date=10/28/03 at 19:45:37]Matt,
    I could swear that this is the tank I bought a gazillion raffle tickets for at the IMAC.  However, your pic says it was taken in February.  Was this the IMAC prize or is the Feb date wrong?[/quote]

Yep that's the IMAC tank. Dude probably didn't set the time on his camera.

Sorry you didn't win!
    [smiley=first.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif]
    [smiley=laugh5.gif]

j/k

8. Click Here!

9. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

Update on my new 75 with Megaflow...tank has been up and running for about 3 weeks now. Water flow is very good with the one overflow and I can't believe how quiet the new it is! Definately an improvement, I'd say! I would think that all of the new AGA tanks must be including this new durso-type set-up, (IMO). If I were ordering a new tank I would definately ask to make sure.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Good to hear. This appears to be a big improvement on what I have.

If you dig around on their web page enough, they make replacement kits for their old style standpipes.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Thought someone might find this useful......

Eric,
    All of our pre-drilled tanks going out now have the new Mega Overflow design in them. The part # for the 55 gallon is #12301, the 1 3/4" hole is 12 9/16" in from the edge of the tank and 2 13/16" in from the back of the tank. The 1 1/2" hole is 18 3/8" in from the edge, and 2 9/16" in from the back of the tank. The plumbing kit is made to fit the overflows. The flow rate for this is 600 GPH
    Sincerely,
    Charlene Scherer
    All-Glass Aquarium Co.
    414-421-9670
    [email protected]

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Thanks for the info. I think I'm replacing my 75g AGA reef ready standpipe with the new type.