All Glass (Aqueon) 40 Breeder - Bowing?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Arc Katana, Nov 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Arc Katana

Arc Katana Fire Worm

In spite of my recent setback, I've started to dig my way out. I've had a new 40 Breeder tucked away. I filled it up last night and noticed it bows out about 1/8th of an inch or so. My 50 Breeder never bowed, but had a crossbeam. Is this pretty normal for these tanks?

Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yep, very normal.

4. bama

bama Humpback Whale

my 30 gallon (same length dimensions) bows about the same.. no worries here..

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

hmm my 20 and 120g all glass doesnt bow at all... but the 120g has a crossbeam so could be why..

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yeah, if that 20g is a 20 long then it is not tall enough to see bowing. My 35g which was 17' tall by 3 feet x 12" deep did not bow, and it had no center brace.

Now some brands (perfecto) have center braces on some of their 40 breeders, but others don't. I think when AGA/ aqueon took their brace off, then others had to do the me too option. But yeah, some aga 40B's really bow worse than others. The LFS around here has 2 40B's with corals in them, and one bows significantly more tha the other, and they were brand new at the same time.