all fish dead!!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by 10acrewoods, Jun 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Not a bad idea to look into, I had a similar issue a while back when I did a bunch of PVC fitting in a room with a tank.

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

You have kids that could put Cheatoes in there for the fish to eat???

4. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

Thats a bummer sorry for your loss, dont think it was to hot when my tank cooked the fish made it fine it was the corals that took the hit.

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you must feel.
    I'd really look into toxins in the air such as aerosols etc. I've had this happen to a client of mine. All fish dead but corals alive. When we lookied into the problem carefully, we concluded that the guy's daughter sprayed insecticide to kill a roach near to the tank and then glade air freshener to kill the insecticide scent. And you know how kids can over do it with these things.

6. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

kids know not to mess with daddys tank.

7. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

well might have been a couple of things. heat or my wife filled water from a bucket that someone might have had bleach in at one time. it is just really puzzling cause of the corals being alive. wife said she hasn't sprayed anything near tank. I am pretty specific about stuff like that. I guess I am just going to wait a month and try another fish. see what that does. any suggestions on how long to wait.

8. Click Here!

9. sen5241b

sen5241b Astrea Snail

If chems all good then look at diseases? Marine Velvet? Use a big magnifying glass.

10. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

so how long should I wait till I try again

1 person likes this.
  11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I would get a O2 test kit and test the O2 in the tank several times through out the day to see if you have a drop during the night or at high temp points

Just a thought

J

12. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Can you fill out the ASAP form? Ya never know.
    I don't think it's heat. Do you keep any SPS? The reason I ask is when I had the faulty thermometer (always have multiple thermometers)crash the corals started dying first. The first I noticed was a Blue Turaki SPS. Most fish are pretty hardy. My Anthias I think died even before the corals. My cleaner shrimp didn't make it and all my other fish survived 90-91 temps.
    That O2 thing that Jason mentioned makes sense and or power going out. How many fish and how big in the 36 gallon?
    Sorry for long post just trying to help.