All Dead

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by eddy38, Jan 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

Yes they were the prams I was checking and they all looked great. No chemicals except purple up and AM regulator were ever added.

2. Click Here!

3. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

Hmmm where did you get your fish from? What type of AM regulator were you using & what was your salinity at?

4. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

Fish came from a LFS that has been around 15 years in my area and has an excellent reputation. I am not home right now so i don't know the name of the AM regulator. My lrs guy checks the salinity for me and said it is good.

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

since it infected both the clown and angel, im wondering if it wasnt brooklynella. if so, you will have to leave your tank fishless for a minimum 6 weeks to be on the safe side IMO. dont want it to have any fish hosts to be able to reproduce. hopefully someone else can confirm or deny what i think it is.

6. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

If I leave the tank that long I shouldn't have to treat it with anything than? Are there any other deseases that can last longer than 6 weeks without fish in the tank that I should be worried about?

7. divott

divott Giant Squid

brooklynella is another type of salt water ich. but more prone to clowns and sometimes angels. leavin the tank fishless for 6 weeks minimum, which is usually the life cycle of the parasite , means the parasite doesnt have a fish to "host" in and reproduce.

8. Click Here!

9. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

I guess that is what i will do than. Just enjoy my critters, and leave it for the 6 weeks before trying fish again. Do you think it would be ok for me to still keep stocking some corrals during this time?

10. divott

divott Giant Squid

i dont see any reason why you couldnt. all your corals look healthy and such?

11. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

I only have a green polyp and a candy cane coral now, but yes they look great.