All Dead

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by eddy38, Jan 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

Well maybe not all... the wrasse went back to the lfs because he was too aggressive.
    I had origianlly brought home a bi-colour angel that got a desease and died within 2 days. I waited 1 1/2 weeks than bought a pair of clowns.
    The 6 line wrasse harrassed and hurt one and he got an eye infection and died. I decided to take back the wrasse, but the other clown than died the next day of no apparent reason. He was swimming, eating and seemed healthy.
    Water prams were checked daily and were all good, I even took the water into my LFS to let him check them.
    So now I have no fish, but an electric blue crab, an emerald crab, a red legged crab, 2 pepermint shrimp a cleaner shrimp and 3 astrael snails.
    Should I leave the tank for 4-5 weeks and hope whatever desease is in the tank dies off, or should I be treating the tank with something.
    I really need some help.

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I don't have an answer for you, but I just want to say I'm sorry!! I hope you figure out what's going on, fix it and get some new buddies in there. Really sorry about the losses!

4. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

Thank you so much, I just want to know whether to wait the time or treat the tank. It is so upsetting because I loved the wrasse, and the clowns were such curious little wigglers.

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

how longs the tank been up and running eddy?

6. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

what is the disease? that is the thing I would need to know to tell you how to treat. if it is ick then no don't treat wait a month if it is something else then you need to list so someone can better help you.

7. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

Sorry for your fish loss, that's really a bummer.

What params were you checking, basic PH/AM/NI/NA? What was the salinity at? Have you dosed the tank with any chemicals?

8. Click Here!

9. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

how longs the tank been up and running eddy?

Tank has been running for 2 1/2 months, and I ran it without any fish for 1 1/2 months. Than added the wrasse, waited 2 weeks,than added the bi-colour that died. Waited another week than added the clowns.

10. divott

divott Giant Squid

they looked good at your lfs? they were eating fine there? thwe bi-color just up and died? any signs of ich? or other illnesses that were visible?

11. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

The bi-colour was covered in white powdery looking substance, and the first clown died of an eye injury. It glazed over and stopped eating and sunk to the bottom and died. The second clown was fine until last night when it got a powdery looking covering over it's body.

12. eddy38

eddy38 Spaghetti Worm

They all looked good at the lfs and he assured me they were eating. Sorry I shold have said about the white powdery covering on their bodies.