All About Reef Safe Wrasses

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by evolved, Sep 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. enki

enki Plankton

I caught the Flame ! :D . The Labout's is hiding I put food next to where he is hiding, but he has not come out. Should I put the Flame in my sump for a few days to see what happens?

2. Click Here!

3. enki

enki Plankton

Labout's came out darted around he tank really fast and went back to hiding. The Flame is in the sump and it seems like all other fish in the tank are on the aggressive side. With time my hope is the aggression dies down.

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Is it unheard of for a fairy wrasse to pick at coral? A big chunk of my tri color RTNd and the Katherine's fairy wrasse has been picking at it. Not sure if he caused it or is just picking after the RTN

5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Give it time.

Yeah, not the responsible party. It simply smells like decay (food) now, or may even be eating pods.

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I figured as much. It was underneath the colony do I broke off what was dying and increased flow, seems to have stopped.

Side note, the wrasse has also developed ich, pipefish and marine betts are fine, still eats like a pig, not sure what brought it on. What're your experiences with fairy wrasses and ich?

7. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Never seen a fairy with Ich. You sure it is what you think it is?

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Was just about to post it's all gone, obviously wasn't ich, man did it have me fooled though.

10. enki

enki Plankton

Labout's came out darted around he tank really fast and went back to hiding. The Flame is in the sump and it seems like all other fish in the tank are on the aggressive side. With time my hope is the aggression dies down.

11. Hobbzz

Hobbzz Plankton

Can multiple male pintail wrasses be kept in a 120? I just picked up a super male, and was going to remove my sub-male who is already in the display. However after a few days of being in the acclimation box, they stick close to one another on opposite sides of the box but show no aggression.

Also would a diamond tail flasher be a bad idea in a 120 with a pintail since they look so similar?

Thanks in advance.

12. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Not advisable.

The best move, for sure. ;)

They'd be fine together; no concerns.