alk dropped? IDK why?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by crustytheclown, Jan 2, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

ok. ill consider that. my corals look great. They actually have more PE now than ever before. I have an orange montipora cap, orange montipora digitata, a ponape birdnest, another type of bird nest and a superman monitpora, acans, rics, zoas, palys, a favia, gsp, and yellow polyps. Everything looks great and is growing well.

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Calcium at 420 is not a problem, but believe me if your tank is demanding that much alk then your calcium will also be declining but in smaller increments that may be hardly noticeable on your test kits

2 DKH in 24 hours in terms of demand is not excessive, although it does seem high compared to what I am currently using in my set up
    as stated by Alex, it is worth checking your test kits and making sure you are not compensating for a faulty test kit rather than an actual demand

but if your test kits are proven to be correct, then the method you suggest is correct
    if you lose 3 dkh in 36 hours, that is 2 dkh in 24 hours , and that is what you would need to dose

Steve

4. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

Great! Ill get another test kit or take it to my LFS and than start dosing:)