????algae?????

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Max Chiarella, Dec 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OHreefer

OHreefer Plankton

It will come back if you don't treat the cause of the algae though. It could come from numerous things. Does your tank have any measureable nitrates? Do you use RO water or distilled water? Do you use any additives in your tank? How often do you do partial water changes and how much do you change at a time? What are your water parameters?

If you don't already have a refugium with macro algae, such as chaeto, I would highly recommend this if you can do it. It'll suck up extra nutrients as it grows. I did this recently myself and it helps. I also got a high quality activated carbon that has phosphate remover beads mixed in.

I can help you better if you answer all the questions above and I have a better idea of your tank conditions! Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Yellow Tang

Yellow Tang Bubble Tip Anemone

4. Max Chiarella

Max Chiarella Bristle Worm

nitrates were at 160+ppm so thats wat did it. i but already mixed sw from my LFS.No additives.For water changes i try to do them every two weeks some times its a month,at most.and i do a 25% wc which is about 5gals

5. Max Chiarella

6. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Like i said before in ur other threads..it doesnt sound like algae at all to me...sounds like cyano..esp if its growing on the sand bed..

7. Max Chiarella

ya i just gotta lower my nitrate.