About two months ago I added a pistol shrimp and goby in hopes to get them to pair. After a week of the addition it seems that the shrimp dug up the dead in my sand and I got a massive algae infestation. I first thought it was cyano and I would easily just fight that off with some syphoning into a filter sock and weekly water changes. Water changes seemed to make this stuff worse (using reef crystals salt mix). So I stopped with the water changes and added phosguard for a week straight to soak up any phosphates. That did nothing but piss off my leather coral. Nitrates continue to test 0 and I currently can't test for phosphates because I'm out of kits, but guessing they are close to 0 also after all that phosguard. Brushing the stuff doesn't work either because it's really attached to the rockwork unless I use a wire brush. This stuff turns stringy and if I remove it, by the time I get to the other side of the tank it starts growing again. Did a blackout for 2 days and that kinda did the trick but it came back. Currently I added some chaeto in the first section of my aqueon proflex sump under the filter socks before the skimmer and biopellet reactor. I've been running vodka and then biopellets for about 7-8 months with no issues whatsoever. Really considering a restart of the tank if it doesn't get any better. I'm a rookie in need of assistance lol....took some iphone pics, hope they are clear enough for you guys to see this stuff I got growing.