Algae help plz

Discussion in 'Algae' started by macabe, Jun 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. macabe

macabe Purple Spiny Lobster

hi guys my tanks 8 months old whene it first started it had allot of bubble alge thats gone now but it still grows the yucky brown and green crap will it go away soon? And what can i use to get rid of aptashia i got 2 of thos little pests :( Allso my sun polyps act rly weird i have a pritty big frag of them and not all of them open up a few have turned grey and dont open at all ever. do they like fast flow or low?

2. Click Here!

3. macabe

4. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

you can use joes juice, kalk paste, or even lemon juice for the apt. anm. sun polyps arent the easiest to care for. what are your water params? you know they are nocturnal right?

5. macabe

i was not aware they where nocternal :/ no wonder there dieing :( i think ill take them back to lfs will lemon juice hurt my tank at all like uther corals and fish? and if not do i just get a needle and inject them with it?

6. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

ya just inject them with the juice. the sun coral dont need light to survive they need to be fed, and since they really open up at night thats when its best to do it.

7. macabe

can the ybe in light tho?? and i just inject the aptasia with lemon juice right?

8. Click Here!

9. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

they can be in light, you must also feed each head and yes inject them with lemon juice or get some of joes juice

10. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

make sure you inject the aiptasia at the base. i would also use a turkey baster towards the mouth if you see any gunk coming out suck it up and fast. Turn off your power heads so as to make this easier.

11. macabe

cool thanks guys