Algae cycle?

Discussion in 'Algae' started by kiarah, Dec 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Kiarah. I dident add corals until almost a year in three months you added a few fish and a few corals. honestly I dident finish my algae blooms until 9 months with my 220 gallon. I then added the first corals even though I still get traces of algae. I have about 500 snails in my tank from reef cleaners.org so dont be scared to add a cleanup crew. I thought I wouldent need them but after fighting it for so many months I broke down. Keep in ming that most of those snails are very very small. I would add some snails let the tank settle and stay on top of the paramiters and the people here have help me throught it with there advise. Remeber take it slow, that is what ive learned here

2. Click Here!

3. kiarah

kiarah Coral Banded Shrimp

Yes im not planning on adding anything for a long time now! I will be adding snails thou as i need them. I added 5 big algae snails yesterday but 2 have died so far. I dont no why but i add 2 hermit and 3 turbos & 3 bumble bee snails about a month ago and with in a hour one hermit pulled itself out of his shell then jumped off a rock! the other hermit died about a week later, 1 out off the 3 turbos died and all the bumble bee snails are fine. I am a little confused as i have a small hermit that arrived on my live rock and thats fine and 2 peppermint shrimp & cleaner shrimp all fine so why do only a few off my snails stay alive?
    K