algae already?

Discussion in 'Algae' started by starfish2217, May 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

your cycle is done, u can SLOWLY start adding fish... seriously take my word on this and do not rush this.. i would transfer one fish a day, and wait to transfer the meanest fish u have last..

2. Click Here!

3. saints fan 420

each fish you add you have to let your tank catch up to the bio load

4. saints fan 420

wait, i forgot you have diatoms, been at the bar..lol... i would wait a couple days and let the diatoms kinda go away, you dont have too do this, but i usually do.. if not u can transfer your fish over..

5. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

LOL k i'll wait a few more days My PH seems a little high I cant really tell on these stupid color charts but its definitely higher than I tested last time. looks around an 8.4 ish to me

6. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

My Ph is 8.4, so i think your fine with the ph. :)

7. starfish2217

k sweeeet beans last time a tested (two days ago I've been slackin) it was 8.0 so yea!

8. Click Here!

9. saints fan 420

my ph is 8.3 during the day and 8.2 at night... if u tested the last time at night then it will be lower than during the day....ph naturally decreases at night, thats why we grow our cheato on a seperate cycle than the display lights, to stabilize PH...

10. saints fan 420

yeah i would wait a bit longer... i would do a waterchange tomorrow and then saturday do a water change and then start transferring fish..

before i add a fish ever i do a little water change, maybe a couple gallon in my breeder..just to introduce them to a little cleaner water...this will also help with the bio load catching up...

but in a way, unless you have some tangs and other higher bio load fish it really doesnt matter... for example, if u add a damsel to your tank, the bio load of that fish isnt really gonna affect your tank breaking down the bio load.... but if u add a lawnmower blenny or a tang or other somewhat large fish than you need to let your tank catch up...

11. starfish2217

alright I plan on waiting a little bit anyways im going to be adding a clown goby, 2 clown fish and a bangaii cardlinal + a fire shrimp and some CUC I don't plan on adding the corals until later..

12. saints fan 420

you can transfer the corals whenever you want.. i would transfer them before the fish... i would also go ahead and get a CUC asap now your cycle is over, they will get rid of that diatom bloom you have going..

after u get the cuc and rid of the diatoms i would transfer all the corals...and i would dip every coral going into the new tank with some type of coral dip.. just so you dont tranfer any bad things... chances are the maybe bad things that couldve been in the tank have died, so in a way u kinda started over.. after u transfer all the corals i would do a water change and then start adding the fish over..