AK47 or AR15????

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, May 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

3reef Forums > Off Topic > The Bucket

It's an off topic sub forum of a reefing forum :)

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah thats the only thing really keeping me from the AK, the ease of modability. That being said I just found a good deal on a fully converted saiga ak that accepts traditional mags for about $630! Thinking I'm gonna go that route. My bro in law and his dad are ordering AR kits soon, so I'll be able to play with those too!;)

This is in the bucket forum which is for off topic subjects, and we're staying on topic on the off topic. I feel its a chance for opinions from other reefers whose opinions I've grown to trust(of some, and not others) that I value before I make an expensive purchase. Sorry, I feel like this is a family and fail to see how this takes away from your thread. We are all able to not read/respond to anything we choose. I just thought I'd get some of my fellow reefing friends advice as I have learned many of them know more than I when it comes to guns.;)

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  4. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Lol yah its badass.. A few weeks ago a buddy of mine won a hunting trip through some magazine he subscribes to. It was called "Helo Hogging". They brought him to a ranch a few hrs south of where I live.. Then for the actual hunting they give you an assault rifle thats fully auto (or whatever else you want to shoot) and they put you over a buncha hogs and you just mow em down. I love Texas.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol, one of my best friends just moved from there, and the guns he bought at gun shows and what he paid is insane. That being said, while, fully auto guns aren't legal here, nor is hunting with certain guns, ya just don't be an idiot. I'll convert this to fully auto some day, maybe. Not sure that I'll ever use it though. Well I'll use it, but not often. Thats about $8 every time ya pull the trigger!lol

6. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

You can buy a lot of nice Coral or equipment over spending 30 minutes on a shooting range with a fully auto military assult rifle, 3 round burst is the rule of thumb, ammo goes a little further that way, my rifle had the M203 attached to it, something I don't think the AK can do, aaahhh! the good ol days.

7. sneaton

sneaton Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Getting a Saiga fully converted AK 47, and have a guy looking into an M4 for me. Thx for all the help. Desert Eagle may have to wait till next year:(;)

10. hingedthinker

hingedthinker Fire Worm

Which main battle rifle does the most powerful (ever) military in the world use?

How many of you have read Boston's Gun Bible?

11. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

I won't buy an AK until I have at least 4 AR's.

You could go AR10 in .308 if you want and AR platform with a heavy round.

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Oh, I'll get an AR soon, love them. But for now, I wanted a low maintenance, worry free gun, and that is not the AR. My bro in law and I will prob build a couple AR's this summer. Prob something like a 223/556, a heavier round, and then a .22 just to go plunking at the range without breaking the bank. Well, 2 whole guns and then just get a .22 upper to swap out at the range.

Love the AR AK debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.