Air Injection System for my 300DT

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by SPINNER, Mar 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Hello,
    Thought i would share one of many ways a hobbiest could add air injection to an aquarium. I installed mine this way because it ties in with other parts of my build that i will show at a later date. There is one built on each side of my DT feeding two of four close loop pumps. Once you see my manifold it will be easy to see why i only need two with four pumps:)
    The air stone was lowered so you could see it once running it will be hidden inside tee. Air stone can be removed for cleaning or replacement.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FYI my system is color coded so until you see it all together sometimes these DIY's kinda look Krazy:)

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That is pretty neat. Have you seen any increase in pH from this yet?

I like the color-coded PVC. You sure have the skills with PVC I've noticed!

matt

4. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

I just started to play around with air just before i took twelve years off from our hobby. Now that i am back with this build i wanted to dial this idea down and see what it does within our system.
    I already know it adds oxygen, binds with particulate matter raising it to the surface to be removed via overflow, and stimulates corals aiding with the removal of waste. I will post any findings over time and check the PH question once my system is running. I also have two 8" x 36" oxygen towers with this build so i will have a few way's to get information:)
    This is my last big build as i am 56 so i wanted to do something different....its kind of a build that only a mother could love...lol